The Leo '64 amp head uses an innovative technology developed by Heptode that simulates perfectly a tube amp.
It offers a unique solution that provides sound quality, awesome looking and ease of use.
The tube tones ... without the tube problems!
The Leo '64 offers the same sound, dynamic response and harmonic content as the revered Fender* Blonde and Blackface amps that inspired it.
The Leo '64 weighs just 3 kg (6.6 lbs) and is housed in a beautiful handmade mahogany and maple cabinet.
If you do a lot of gigs, size, weight, volume and reliability are serious issues to be reckoned with. The Leo ’64 addresses these concerns with its small size, light weight, adjustable output power and rock solid reliability to make the Leo '64 the ultimate guitar amp at home, at rehearsals, in the studio and on the concert stage.
Perfect for Jazz, Blues & Rock
Great cranked sound
Small Size, Light Weight
Only 3kg / 6.6 lb
From 0 to 100 W
Innovative Analog Technology
Sounds like legendary tube amps
Solid awesome mahogany
and maple cabinet
Hand built in France
- Single channel amp head with Blackface control panel and Vintage "Radio" Amplifier Knobs
- Maximum power 100 W @ 4 Ω ; 50 W @ 8 Ω
- Weight/Size: 3 kg / 6.6 lbs; 30 x 16 x 15 cm / 11.8" x 6.3" x 2.9"
- Solid mahogany and maple cabinet
- Analog simulation technology coupled with a Class-D power amplifier.
- Hand built in France.
- Bass, Middle, Treble
- Power Level: Potentiometer from 0 to 100%, plus 15W/100W switch
Heptode amps and speaker cabinets carry a 3 years limited warranty.
- Guitar input jack
- 2 parallel speaker output jacks (minimum 4 Ω)
- Line output jack
- Mains input: 115V or 230V, selectable by rear panel switch
LeoCab 1x10 Speaker Cabinet
- 10" speaker cabinet loaded with one Jensen P10-R speaker
- Impedance: 16Ω
- Max RMS power: 25W
- Weight: ~ 6kg/13lbs
- Dimensions: 45 x 35 x 18 cm / 17.7" x 13.8" x 7.1"
- Made of mahogany and maple
- Hand built in France
Marc Longchampt - laguitare.com
Brice Delage demoing Heptode pedals and amps
All five last demos:
- Speaker Cabinet: Fender Super-Sonic 4x12 loaded with Celestion Vintage 30’s
- Microphones: Shure SM57, AKG C214 and Royer R-121
- Effects: TC Electronics Hall of Fame, Boss Chorus CE-2, T-Rex Mudhoney, Freakshow Brown Rabbit, TC Electronics Nova, Xotic RC Booster, Heptode Deep Crunch
- Guitarist: Cyril Simmonot
Serge Lazarevitch, "Subconscious-Lee" (Lee Konitz)
French Jazz Musician and Composer
" I've been dreaming for years about an amp like the Heptode Leo '64. It combines two tonal characteristics that are often contradictory: pristine cleans and warm overtones. The Leo ‘64 perfectly reproduces and amplifies the electric guitar source with or without pedals or a complex effects rack like the AxeFX.
A pure balance between water and fire, inside an incredibly light and super cool looking cabinet!"
French Jazz Musician and Composer
"When I first saw the Heptode Leo '64 amp head I was a bit skeptical. But after playing thru it for a few moments, I had to face the facts: its small size (not unlike a portable radio set) and light weight were concealing an exquisite sound with warm overtones and a great dynamic response that most certainly would have made Leo proud. On stage or in the studio, with clean or cranked sounds (I use a BB Xotic Preamp), the result was beyond expectations. I anticipate that the Leo '64 will enjoy much deserved success."
"Subconscious-Lee" (Lee Konitz)
Guitar: Serge Lazarevitch
Saxophone: Ben Sluijs
Drums: Teun Verbruggen
Recorded at the Jazz Station in Brussels (May 2015)
Serge used the Leo '64 with a Fender American Vintage '52 Telecaster Reissue Butterscotch Blonde.
* All registered trademarks belong to their respective owners and are in no way associated with HEPTODE